So because I know all of you are curious about my sweater predicament, I will have you know that I have successfully ordered the exact same sweater! It will get to me here in Germany. Eventually.
On to less wool-related topics.
On Friday night I went out to dinner with my friends Cassidy and Kayla to a restaurant we all enjoy called the Dreisam River Cafe. It's great and not super unreasonable. Then after dinner, we went to a bar we love because their happy hour is from 18:00 until close, and all mixed drinks are 5.50, which is pretty good considering some prices I've seen. There we met up with some friends from IES, as well as meeting German twins (and we had just learned the word for twin that day in German class!) who seemed nice. Maybe I just really hate all people? I don't know. I am not down with strangers though. After that, we went to another bar, where I was....really tired. I fell asleep. In a bar. For like, two hours. I am not sure why my friends did this, but I woke up feeling excellent, so I am not sure how I feel about it.
Anyway, after that bar, we walked around the city a little until we ended up at the Hauptbanhof, because two of the boys we were with were going to Munich for Oktoberfest in the morning and it was already almost 4AM, and their train left at 5. So because the trams weren't going to be running for awhile, we went to the dorms where our friends lived because they're much closer than Vauban. And then, very graciously, they let us crash in their rooms. The rest of Saturday was fairly average (I caught up on a lot of TV) and made dinner with Cassidy and Kayla and it was delicious.
TODAY was also exciting. We went to the Alps! Sadly, it was super cloudy, plus my camera ended up dying when we were in Lucerne/Luzern so there are few pictures. But we got to have a snowball fight! I was fairly pleased with myself for remembering gloves. After the Alps, we went to the town of Lucerne/Luzern (depends on whether you are a French or German speaker) and got to explore the town. Also, Switzerland is super expensive! But mostly we just walked around, crossed old historic bridges, and ended up feeding devil swans. I hate swans, but I regret not having my camera charged because I could've gotten some cool shots. Alas. It was not to be. Now I'm back in my room at Vauban eating pasta and waiting for Glee to finish loading. Lataaaaa.
1. how did you ruin your favorite sweater?
ReplyDelete2. i want to live in your city with you and see you fall asleep in a bar.
3. i am VERY glad i was not with you for the devil swan episode.
4. i thought you didn't like glee. but thanks for reminding me i should be watching it :)