Even though I woke up at 5AM to catch the train to Berlin, it was totally worth it. I love love LOVED Berlin. I thought it was beautiful (though others thought differently) and the mashup of architecture and people and stories just makes it more beautiful. We met with a German MP (Green Party, natch) and with people who lived in East Berlin before the fall. It was all fascinating. The German MP wasn't my fave, I felt bad because his English wasn't the best and he did one of my top pet peeves: he didn't actually answer the questions asked of him. Now this may be based on his English skills (which far surpass my German skills, but we've had speakers with a much better command) but it irks me either way.
Anyway, other than those things, we were totally FREE in Berlin. It was great. I met my friend Kayla's boyfriend, Walter, or as I called him, Vaaaalter. Hopefully he found me endearing by the end. But because Kayla was with Vaaaaaalter, Cassidy and I went out together, accompanied by the always lovely JACKATTACK! He explored Berlin with us (so fabulous, I want to go back. Weekend trip maybs? We'll see) and went to a restaurant where we all had delicious cocktails. It was really coolly decorated with Buddhas. BUT I forgot to mention that when we went out with Kayla and Vaaaaalter, we ended up at a bar called LONE STAR. Obvi Cassidy had to throw the horns up and rep TX because no one else was going to.
Back to going out with my boyfriend Jackieboo, since he was feeling under the weather, Cassidy and I explored the bar/restaurant area near our hostel where apparently it started to intersect with Berlin's red light district, natch. Vaaaalter told us that apparently this year's hooker fashion was white boots, and of course we found them in front of the New Synagogue, near ATMs. We also saw a hooker tag team harass two men, but they declined the women's services. However, Vaaaaalter had forgotten to mention a VERY IMPORTANT part of hooker fashion: fanny packs. Cassidy and I started cracking up because I mean, you are ladies of the night, please do everything possible to preserve your dignity and use your purse in lieu of a gd fanny pack. We then found another tex-mex style bar called Que Pasa where all cocktails were four euro so obvi it was quite a steal. We also went to a club called Matrix (no pepper spray) and met creeper English guys. I never thought I would reject someone with an English accent but I guess I have more self respect than I thought. I am just really not the type of person to hook up in a random night club. I'd really like to go on a date and have a conversation before someone kisses me (I know my parents are happy, if they're reading this).
On that note, I am open to any and all date requests, as long as they occur in Freiburg or somewhere in Europe where I'm planning on being. Can be blind dates, or someone I know. Really I just want dinner with a nice boy, even if it goes nowhere. I probably shouldn't have a rum and coke before blogging, though. Oops.
HAHAHA i miss you. come to toledo and you can have a date with a nice spanish boy!
ReplyDelete