Hey guys. And by guys, I mean I clearly have more than one reader. And by I clearly have more than one reader, I mean HI MICHELLE!
So last week I was gone. I went to Luxembourg (for a day), and then was in Brussels and Paris for the rest of the week. So let's blog it out. Tabloid shortness style.
Luxembourg: We were only there for like five hours, but while we were there it was really nice. We only had an hour to ourselves but there was a beautiful ravine that was nice to look at. The rest of the time we were there we were in a meeting at the European Court of Justice which was BORING. And I was exhausted so I might have fallen asleep. Maybe. Definitely. Anyway, Luxembourg was nice plus I mean it's a new country to me so bonus Jonas, I guess.
Brussels: Is it weird that I don't really have an opinion on Brussels? Pretty much all of my time there was spent inside buildings at meetings so I never got a feel for it. But what I saw seemed nice. Definitely a place I would be interested in going back to. But I'd want to go back to see all of Belgium. However, their famous statue of a little boy peeing, Mannekin Pis, was a huge disappointment.
Paris: I love Paris. I don't think anything could change that. Whether it be personal issues or having to listen to French diplomats be total tools, I can't not love the City of Light. The first night we were there, we got some cheap wine, cheese, and baguettes and watched the Eiffel Tower. It glitters on the hour and is SO BEAUTIFUL. Plus we got to see Sacre-Coeur and had the BEST DINNER OF ALL TIME (OF ALL TIME!) on the Ile St. Louis. So delicious. So even though I might have spent a large chunk crying, my friend Mina got pickpocketed, and I almost screamed at a French diplomat out of sheer rage, it was still a great time.
Plus the weather was nice.
Life is good here.
HI COLLEEN!! i love your blog because it makes me laugh every time. and it sounds exactly like you and then i miss you a lot. i'm glad you're having a happy time in germany and SEE YOU SOON!!
ReplyDeleteOh dear. to be frank your blog does have a great vibe, and here is to a second reader!
ReplyDeleteIt is so cool all the sights you are visiting. Now you can use all your European government knowledge for all the cool politics classes you are going to take right? I know I plan to take more.
Bonus Jonas? What? Really?
ReplyDelete-Monica