Friday, September 3, 2010

Passive Aggressive Roomie Strikes Again

I have two new flatmates. One is an IES Enviro girl, and the other is just a regular German girl. That should make my dad feel better.

In other news, I just got out of the shower and blowdried my hair. Mind you, it is 7:30 PM, when no one is sleeping. I was listening to some music (pretty quietly, compared to my German counterparts), when I realized I could hear this super loud rap beat emanating through the flat. It was coming from the same room where the guy who wrote the note lives. Maybe he just hates my blowdryer, even though it's much quieter here in Freiburg than it is at home, due to some weird voltage thing I'm sure.

Also last night he was up (and LOUD) way past 10. I would prefer it if he would allow the rules to apply to him as well, or if instead next time he just asked me politely to stop blowdrying my hair. Whatever.

But in non-annoying living situation news, Freiburg is exciting. I walked around my neighborhood yesterday and the residential part is SO SO SO NICE. Like I want to live there when I'm older nice. It's such a cool area, and wikipedia does a much better job at explaining than I do, so read about Vauban here.

This Saturday I get to go on a hike through the Black Forest (a leisurely one, though) and have all of Sunday off. Maybe I will finish decorating my room then and then I can take pictures to show you guys (who even reads this?).

P.S. I NEED ADDRESSES! If you want a postcard or anything, that is.

2 comments:

  1. I am reading this! And I want to see pictures of your room. And pictures of this beautiful neighborhood. I'll send you my address sometime, and SO SOON we'll be in the same time zone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And there is another one who reads this. So yeah, put up pictures of your room. I bet it is not that bad.

    I think you should know my address right. (Whitman College)

    ReplyDelete